Interplay Coaching believes that:
- the strength of your team IS your advantage in a global economy
- building the capacity of your team is the first step to getting exceptional results
The Short-term Achievable Goal Workshop (adapted from the internationally acclaimed book "The Five Dysfunctions of a Team" by Patrick Lencioni) is an interactive workshop that capitalizes on your team's purpose and interdependence to achieve a short-term achievable goal that leverages the team's strengths. Interplay Coaching runs this workshop for teams seeking to achieve elusive goals the team knows it needs to accomplish but hasn't yet. Every short-term achievable goal has the following key components:
- Singular: one goal that is the most important for the team to focus on
- Qualitative: goal does not need to have quantitative measures right away, they will come
- Temporary: the goal has a clear time limit and must be achieved within that time period, usually 3-12 months
- Shared: every member of the team agrees that the goal is the top priority and that they have collective responsibility for achieving it
The overall purpose of this workshop is to inspire you and your team to recognize teamwork as a strategic advantage in meeting your organization’s goals. An effective team IS the secret weapon for excelling in your chosen field.
What is meant by Team?
Teams and teamwork are ubiquitous terms used without specific definitions. For the purpose of our work, when we refer to a team we mean:
A “Team” is a group of people (13 or less are preferable) who work interdependently to achieve common goals for their organization.
The 5 Dysfunctions model focuses on 5 distinct areas of interdependent work:
- building TRUST
- surfacing constructive CONFLICT
- creating COMMITMENT
- achieving peer-to-peer ACCOUNTABILITY
- focusing on RESULTS
Workshop time is spent:
- learning what the 5 Dysfunctions of a Team model is
- understanding what commitment is and how to get better buy-in
- communicating the importance of clarity in all communications and how to cascade them through the organization
- learning about how a "short-term achievable goal" helps a team
- taking the team through the process of deciding on the short-term achievable goal
- mapping out a detailed plan for achieving the selected goal
- finishing with a question and answer session and clarifying decisions that were made
Participants will come away with:
- understanding of a comprehensive team performance model
- a team developed scorecard/blueprint for achieving a short-term achievable goal
- optimism about moving forward with the team in a constructive way
- documents highlighting the team’s discussions during the workshop
We want you to know:
- your committed and honest leadership is required for this workshop to be successful
- the Short-term Achievable goal workshop will forever change how your team approaches teamwork, but it is not for the faint of heart - you will deal with real-time team issues in this workshop
- with the right commitment, this workshop and the goal that comes out of it is a challenging and rewarding endeavor
- one full day is a short investment of time in the long run if it means a team works more effectively as one
- combine it with additional coaching and leverage the momentum
Interested in having a Short-term Achievable Goal Workshop for your team?
- Trainings and workshops are made more impactful with follow-up implementation coaching. This is where Interplay Coaching really shines: we sit with you to help you implement the model’s goals within your organization
- We can accommodate teams larger than 13 people at an additional cost
Contact us for more information on how we can structure this workshop to suit your needs.