What are MBTI's Temperament and Interaction Styles?
Temperament Pattern Theory refers to your inborn core drives, values, and talents. Our temperament patterns determine our behaviors, as we are driven to fulfill deep-seated core needs. Knowing these temperament patterns helps you to navigate life and those around you with more clarity and objectivity. And since there are 7 billion people on the planet, you can imagine the variation and nuances that make up each temperament.
Interaction Styles are based on observable behavioral patterns that help predict how we will react in a given situation. Essentially, interaction styles tell us a lot about how we communicate and organize ourselves in the world. As a member of a work team, it's the interaction styles of your teammates that you are likely to deal with on a day-to-day basis.
Temperament and Interaction Styles (MBTI) Workshop:
The Temperament and Interaction Styles Workshop is highly interactive and engaging, focusing your teams’ collective communication methods, and allowing individual team members to work together more effectively and efficiently.
- Interplay Coaching works with teams by teaching the four temperament patterns and four interaction style patterns that overlay Myers Briggs’ 16 types. It is much easier for individuals to grasp four patterns than 16, making the learning more readily applicable to team dynamics
- Temperament and Interaction Styles training gives people an objective framework with which to examine how personality affects communication styles
- People take away great enjoyment and often a burst of energy from learning about their preferred temperaments and interaction styles. They also enjoy learning about their teammates’ styles and how these preferences impact a team overall
Workshop time is spent:
- learning the components of the four temperament and interaction styles
- interacting in a variety of exercises as participants sort through information to discover their types and patterns
- helping individuals troubleshoot communication pitfalls by highlighting alternative options
- promoting increased self-awareness and leadership by encouraging personal responsibility and advocacy
- reviewing participant results of an online assessment taken prior to the workshop
- mapping the team, looking for areas of team strengths and weaknesses, and devising strategies for improvement
- understanding how to fold the workshop learning into daily work practices
- answering participant questions
Participants will receive:
- Two workbooks
- A report outlining their MBTI results (the online assessment)
We ask leaders to help us create a safe environment by:
- demonstrating leadership and enthusiastically embracing implementation of the work
- ensuring confidentiality
- asking for willing participation of team members
- helping people feel like they are free to explore their personality and not be labeled, intimidated, or put in a box
- understanding that participants get to choose their best fit pattern regardless of assessment outcomes
Interested in having a Temperament and Interaction Styles Workshop for your team?
- We strongly recommend the one or two-day program for the best results
- Trainings and workshops are made more impactful with follow-up implementation coaching to help you apply the model’s goals within your organization.
- Prerequisites for the workshop include an online individual assessment
Contact us for more information on how we can structure this workshop to suit your needs.