What are MBTI's Temperament and Interaction Styles?
Temperament Pattern Theory refers to your inborn core drives, values, and talents. Our temperament patterns determine our behaviors as we are driven to fulfill deep-seated core needs. Knowing these temperament patterns helps you to navigate life and those around you with more clarity and more objectively. And since there are 7 billion people on the planet, you can imagine the variation and nuances that make up each temperament…
Also inborn, our Interaction Styles are based on observable behavioral patterns that help predict how we will react in a given situation. Essentially, interaction styles tell us a lot about how we communicate and organize ourselves in the world. As a member of a work team, it's the interaction styles of your teammates that you are likely to deal with on a day to day basis.
Temperament and Interaction Styles (MBTI) Workshop:
The Temperament and Interaction Styles Workshop is highly interactive and engaging while focusing your teams’ collective communication methods, allowing individual team members to work together more effectively and efficiently.
- Interplay Coaching works with teams by teaching the 4 temperament patterns and 4 interaction style patterns that overlay Myers Briggs’ 16 types. It is much easier for individuals to grasp 4 patterns than 16, making the learning more readily applicable to team dynamics
- Temperament and Interaction Styles training gives people an objective framework with which to examine how personality affects communication styles
- People take away great enjoyment and often a burst of energy from learning about their preferred temperaments and interaction styles. They also enjoy learning about their teammates’ styles and how these preferences impact a team overall
Workshop time is spent:
- explaining the components of the 4 Temperament and the 4 Interaction Style patterns
- interacting in a variety of exercises as participants sort through information to discover their ‘types’
- helping individuals troubleshoot communication pitfalls by highlighting alternative communication options
- promoting increased self-awareness and self-leadership of communication styles. Participants are encouraged to take responsibility for their own behaviors and how to get their needs met while working closely with others
- reviewing participant results of an online assessment taken prior to the workshop
- mapping the team, looking for areas of team strengths and weaknesses, devising strategies for improvement
- providing a template with information on how to fold the workshop learning into daily work practices
- answering participant questions
Participants will receive:
- 2 workbooks; one describing, in full detail, Temperament Styles and the other, Interaction Styles
- A report outlining their MBTI results (the online assessment)
We ask leaders to help us create a safe environment by:
- demonstrating leadership and enthusiastically embracing implementation of the work
- ensuring confidentiality
- asking for willing participation of team members
- helping people feel like they are free to explore their personality and not be labeled, intimidated, or put in a box
- understanding that participants get to choose their best fit pattern regardless of assessment outcomes
Interested in having a Temperament and Interaction Styles Workshop for your team?
- We strongly recommend the one or two-day program for high-performance results
- Trainings and workshops are made more impactful with follow-up implementation coaching. This is where Interplay Coaching really shines: we sit with you to help you implement the model’s goals within your organization.
- Prerequisites for the workshop include an online individual assessment
Contact us for more information on how we can structure this workshop to suit your needs.