What is a management coach?
A person who stands with you, helps you, encourages you to reach for your goals. A coach helps you identify and work through self-imposed limitations so that you can step into the best version of yourself. She is skilled in listening, asking questions, being a thinking partner, holding up a mirror to blind spots, and helping you to build your capacity as a manager. A coach works with you to prioritize your time, to communicate well, to clarify your goals and the goals of your staff in order to help your team produce winning results. She helps you see how your actions impact the people around you.
Coaching focuses on helping you build the capacity of your employees by not doing their work for them but by learning to ask good questions instead of the more common route of just telling people what to do. Management Coaching is designed for managers slammed with ‘too much’ who need to block out focused, one-on-one time working through pressing management issues with someone they can confide in and trust.
Coaching time is spent:
- taking and reviewing appropriate learning assessments, as needed
- working through a detailed management excellence tool
- co-creating and working off an action plan linked to specific development efforts
- detailing work goals that align to the organization’s overall objectives
- developing clear milestones, tactics, and timelines that help you meet goals
- learning how to delegate and execute the pressing demands of management
- asking questions that lead to high-impact discussions getting you over self-imposed barriers
- organizing your time so you can be in control
- teaching you the art of asking good questions that promote capabilities in your team
- developing a more cohesive and constructive management team
- creating more dynamic and productive meetings
- helping managers learn to ‘pivot’ in the moment with difficult communication challenges
- information about Temperament and Interaction Styles that impact management capabilities and your team
- ramping up your presentations to keep your audience engaged
Every manager can be re-energized and benefit from one-on-one time spent with a person who fully supports their management evolution. Coaching is an extraordinary investment in you and your team. Our whole purpose is to propel you to your highest level of effectiveness.
Contact us for more information on Management Coaching.