Interplay Coaching will happily facilitate a meeting targeted to your specific needs. Whether it's a strategy session, a team offsite, company retreat, board meeting, or training of some kind, we meet with you to clearly understand the outcomes you seek. Then we custom design and facilitate the meeting to help you get to those outcomes.
How we do it:
Interplay Coaching always begins a process by seeking to understand the context of what has been happening with the team or group who wants to meet. Understanding that different people bring different perspectives to an issue, we like to speak to several key players to get a clear and holistic understanding of what the team is trying to achieve. We then create highly interactive sessions where all participants engage in the material in ways that bring new insights leading to well articulated, action-oriented initiatives that meet and exceed the challenges facing the team.
While every group is different, our process will hit on the following items:
- A pre-event meeting with key lead players to discuss the context of what has been going on with the group that will be meeting, what the key players hope to achieve with the meeting and how to prioritize specific outcomes they are looking for
- Propose a rough-draft agenda based on input from the pre-meeting, then meet with key lead players and discuss changes and tweaks to the rough draft agenda taking it through to a finalized agenda
- Discuss the merits of creating a "lighting round agenda" as one activity within the approved agenda to understand what issues are important to the team "in the moment". This type of exercise grabs the attention of the participants because the material becomes real and relevant to them immediately
- Design interactive exercises to open up discussions that lead to embraceable actions for the team
- Facilitate the meeting/event using an interactive and careful listening approach
- Provide all needed materials for the participants
- Advise on internal and external communications in relationship to overall communication. Internal communications focus on keeping participants and key players informed about events, planning and developments, while external communications narrates primary outcomes and goals, the benefits and anticipated impact on the organization in conjunction with larger communications strategies
- When needed, advise on appropriate site requirements including site selection, preparations, and logistics for the event
- Offering guidance on processes and tool selection for capturing proceedings, ideas, and outcomes at the live event
- Debriefing with leaders, organizers and interested participants to assess how the event tracked to goals, as well as to capture meeting discussions, generated ideas, outcomes, and possible next steps
- Advise on post-event follow-up strategies and follow up coaching
Overall, our methodology is designed to engender highly interactive and productive in-person gatherings where participants feel ownership of the proceedings and are invested in getting to meaningful outcomes.
Contact us for more information on Custom Facilitations for your organization.