Interplay Coaching believes that:
- the strength of your team IS your advantage in any economy, a global economy especially
- building the effectiveness of your team is the first step to getting exceptional results
The Five Dysfunctions of a Team Workshop (based on the internationally acclaimed book by Patrick Lencioni) is an interactive workshop that will leverage your team's strengths to perform at a higher level becoming a more effective and constructive team. Interplay Coaching facilitates this workshop for teams seeking to optimize the skills and talents team members bring to the table and weaving those strengths into a single, constructive entity: The Team.
The purpose of this 5D Workshop is to inspire you and your team to recognize teamwork as a strategic advantage in achieving your organization’s goals. An effective team IS the secret weapon for excelling in your chosen field.
What is meant by Team?
Teams and teamwork are ubiquitous terms used without specific definitions. For the purpose of our work, when we refer to a team we mean:
A “Team” is a group of people (13 or less are preferable) who work interdependently to achieve common goals for their organization.
The model focuses on 5 distinct areas of interdependent work:
- building TRUST
- surfacing constructive CONFLICT
- creating COMMITMENT
- achieving peer-to-peer ACCOUNTABILITY
- focusing on RESULTS
Workshop time is spent (2-3 full days):
- reviewing and deep diving into an online team assessment taken prior to the workshop
- creating a real-time blue print outlining a path forward gleaned from the discussions about the assessment
- answering personal history questions from each participant
- learning about participants' temperament and interaction style patterns and the impact they have on the team (this section also requires participants take an MBTI online assessment prior to the workshop)
- introducing a conflict resolution model and how to apply it to organizational or team conflicts
- sharing interactively about team members' level of comfort in dealing with conflict
- creating a "norms" chart detailing how all participants expect to behave with each other going forward
- understanding what commitment is and how to get better buy-in
- communicating the importance of clarity in all communications and how to cascade them through the organization
- learning about how a "short-term achievable goal" helps a team and then deciding on a goal for the team to work on together
- mapping out that short-term achievable goal
- spending time understanding what accountability on a team means
- going through an exercise on holding each other accountable and how to have those conversations
- focusing on the results of the team by making a playbook for actions going forward
Participants will come away with:
- understanding of a team performance model with strategies to implement the model within their team
- a printed color report revealing the team’s confidential assessment results along with suggestions about how to overcome the 5 dysfunctions
- a course curriculum which includes guided workbook exercises for each of the 5 dysfunctions that the team works through in real-time with real issues
- information about each participant’s MBTI temperaments and interaction styles with suggestions for using that information to communicate more productively together
- a participant developed blueprint for moving the team forward
- optimism about moving forward with the team in a constructive way
- documents highlighting the team’s discussions during the 2-day workshop
We want you to know:
- your committed and honest leadership is required for this workshop to be successful
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team workshop will forever change how your team approaches teamwork, but it is not for the faint of heart
- with the right commitment, this workshop is a challenging and rewarding endeavor. Two or three full days is a short investment of time in the long run if it means a team that works more efficiently and effectively as one
- combine it with additional coaching and leverage the momentum
Interested in having a 5D Workshop for your team?
- We strongly recommend the two or three-day program for high-performance results.
- Trainings and workshops are made more impactful with follow-up implementation coaching. This is where Interplay Coaching really shines: we sit with you to help you implement the model’s goals within your organization.
- Pre-requisites for the workshop include online individual and team assessments as well as reading of the book, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team.
- We can accommodate teams larger than 13 people at an additional cost
Contact us for more information on how we can structure this workshop to suit your needs.